Ammalia. Where surgeons go to explore.
Check out this TreeHack at
Ammalia, which means surgery in Arabic, is a Leap Motion assisted app that allows a surgeon to analyze pictures of their patient’s problem (i.e. brain tumors) using the Dropbox API.
- Use cases?
- The areas we believe Ammalia could be the most useful is with radiology image manipulation / scrolling while scrubbed in & sterile in the OR.
- Best Use of Dropbox API
- 50 GB of Dropbox storage for each member
- Best Social Impact
- Lunch with Stanford President Hennessey + $400 to a charity of your choice
- Coaching with Shannon Farley & Tour of Fast Forward + $400 to a charity of your choice
- Theme Color:
- We can see Ammalia potentially pivoting to include 3D manipulation of MRI and CT scans mid-procedure, which is important when, for example, determining the extent of a tumor in real-time.
- Another area we could look into is radiology and cardiology intervention which would actually involve catheter manipulation.
- Also, depending on the patient chosen, Ammalia could also showcase different health record data points that pertain to the patient being showcased
(i.e. name, age, background, etc).
- Leap Motion
- uses Leap Motion API and hardware to track hand gestures (pan in/out, zoom in/out, slide right/left) without physically touching computer
- Dropbox API
- use Dropbox for uploading/storing images for patient’s problems
- have folders within Dropbox API represent a single patient
Big Hero 4
To get started…
- 🍴 Fork me.
- 🔨 Hack away.
- 🔃 Create a new pull request.
View the project at