As the Website Committee Chair for my ACM club at Hampton, I created the website at
huacm.wordpress.com to build a stronger community around the CS department.
In addition to being in charge of the website, I’m also in charge of maintaining all other social networks (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, GitHub), the Typeforms, the introductory GitBook, organization branding, meeting presentations, the calendar, etc. for the [email protected] department/[email protected] club.
The website was first created in
October 2014under my role as the Website Committee Chair for the ACM club at HU.
- Email subscription newsletter
- Jeopardy Game Night
- Mentor Program
- tip: you can use BlackBoard to look up people in your department
- icebreakers for names
- LaserQuest Event
- Horror Movie Night
- Moral Dilemma Game Night
- Career Tips
- from the upperclassmen
- Talk on startups
- Idea Fest
- discuss fundraising, possible events, suggestions, criticisms, etc. for the next semester
- Speaker’s Round Table
- each member can come up to give up a presentation on what they want others to know about
- relate to current industry practices or something cool they learned during internship/summer program
- Christmas Movie Night/Secret Santa
- Alumni Session
- over 2K views
- over 150 followers
Building a Stronger Community for Hampton's Computing Family
cs-and-english: If you are a freshman majoring in Computer Science at Hampton University, then this is the book for you.
An Introduction for Computer Science & English Majors at Hampton UniversityFVCproductionsThis book is geared towards those who are: - a freshman at Hampton University- an English or Computer Science major- someone who wants to know how to get the b...
More Branding For [email protected] Slack Flyer- Graduate Template (1 or 2 per page)FVCproductions
[email protected] September 9, 2014
GitHub is where people build software. More than 25 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 71 million projects.