Avalon Set Up
- Set in the primitive medieval era, Avalon forces people to lie and identify as either a good or bad person, which has never made sense to me (not just the good vs bad schematic, but the whole light vs dark color theming, etc.) because I’ve always identified as both a good and bad person.
- Regardless, the game was a lot of fun because it involves the wicked art of deception and people just made a bunch of accusations all throughout which led to a lot of laughter and random banter.
- I myself don’t feel I’m terribly good at lying, but people have told me before that I have a great poker face or that I’m just plain shady. The quiet ones are always a little crazzyyyy…
- Anyways, the good people (such as myself) won, but only because the bad kids weren’t very good at being bad. Shucks.
Day Five - Friday
- Shoot, today was a mad race against time.
- In other words, it was a crazy day, but the good kind of crazy.
- My little team and I had to solve these different programming puzzles that related both to the American Museum of Natural History and to our instructors.
- I don’t want to spoil anything, but the great part about the first half of today was that I felt a lot like Robert Langdon running around all these historically relevant places with some hot chick constantly solving puzzles/riddles and figuring out where the next clue will lead him.
- Of course, in my case there wasn’t any hot chick and the only location I was running around in was the museum itself, but hey - that museum is exceptionally large.
- I mean, could you guess the Latin name of this dino?
- After that whole warp back in time was over and done with, I had lunch with Kelsey and Jovia at this yummy vegetarian place. This is when I finally found out that same sex marriage is finally legal EVERYWHERE. WOOT WOOT!!!
- Once all was said and done and we headed back to Fullstack, I was very full and tired, so the lecture on Promises didn’t get the attention it deserved from me.
- Thankfully though, afterwards, by some freakish and questionable miracle, I’m not struggling with the workshop that much at all. Mmmhmmm.
- The last thing of the day of course is 🔥 Hot Seat🔥 and once again I find myself most delighted by the stories of my fellow peers.
- Good times.
:arrow: Overall Conclusion?
A lot of great things have happened this week. \^_\^
Journey Into the Cave of Digital Hieroglyphics
This theme for creating a post today on Wordpress is very snazzy! Kudos to the sensational WP team.
Same Sex Marriage - YAY!!
Tips or tricks? :idea:
tweet me at
Tags aline lerner , alumni panel , american museum of natural history , avalon , board game , coding bootcamps , dinos , DropBox , duck bill , equality , fullstack academy , fullstack , gay marriage legal now , museum , Robert Langdon , same sex marriage , week 3 , wikistack